PLASTITHERM CORPORATION 153 WAVERLY AVE. ____?____
THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED WITH YOUR NOVA-JET SET FOR THE FAMILIARIZING YOU WITH THIS NEW SCIENTIFIC TOY.
THE NOVA-JET IS A NEW JET AEROPLANE OF DELTA WING DESIGN, UTILIZING THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS IN AERODYNAMICS. EVEN THOUGH THE NOVA-JET IS EQUIPPED WITH A JET ENGINE, DUE TO ITS PERFECT BALANCE, IT ALSO MAY BE FLOWN WITHOUT ANY FUEL AS A GLIDER UTILIZING ITS WONDERFUL GLIDING QUALITIES.
THE NOVA-JET MAY BE MADE TO FLY IN A CIRCLE TO THE LEFT OR TO THE RIGHT, BY GENTLY BENDING THE ENGINE CRADLE SLIGHTLY OFF ITS HORIZONTAL AXIS TO ONE SIDE OR THE OTHER.
THE NOVA-JET CAN BE MADE TO LOOP BY LOOSENING THE FORWARD SCREW ON THE ENGINE CRADLE SLIGHTLY AND ELEVATING THE FRONT OF THE CRADLE, WHICH RESULTS IN A DEPRESSION OF THE JET STREAM IN ITS VERTICAL AXIS!
THERE ARE MANY FLIGHT VARIATIONS AVAILABLE WITH THE NOVA-JET, EACH ONE OF WHICH IS A THRILL TO OBSERVE.
1. Insert the wooden stick into the ground.
2. Hook the end of the elastic onto the wooden hook on the belly of the plane by means of the little metal ring.
3. Grip the plane by the wood to the rear of the hook between the thumb and forefinger. Then keeping the plane in a horizontal position, stretch the elastic to about double its length, and release the plane being sure to launch it into the wind. This method of launching can be utilized for both flying the plane as a glider without any fuel in the engine, and also with the fuel for a jet powered flight. With the Jet power, the plane naturally achieves greater height and distance.
With the use of Nova-jet engine for a jet powered flight, the method for launching is the same as above, however, be sure to light the fuse only after the elastic has been stretched and the plane is ready for catapulting, or instead of catapulting, the plane may be hand launched. In either case, the plane is not released until enough hot gas pressure has been developed in the chamber. Sufficient pressure to permit launching is obtained when a hissing noise is heard emanating from the jet nozzle.
1. Insert the jet fuel pellet (b) all the way into the chamber (a),
2. Push the fuse (e) through the jet nozzle (d) and bend it a little, do not break it, at the interior end as shown in the above diagram.
3. .Screw the cap (c) onto the chamber tightly to avoid gas leakage and push the extending fuse into the chamber so that approximately only 1/4 inch of the fuse protrudes from the jet nozzle. By this method, the fuse is assured perfect contact with the jet fuel, and false ignitions can be avoided.
4. Light the fuse and launch the plane as described above.
NOVA-JET MAINTAINANCE [sic]
1. The thread on the engine chamber (f). should be greased periodically.
2. The jet nozzle (d) should be cleaned out, with the nozzle wire included with the fuel pellets to assure a clean opening at all times.
EVEN THOUGH THERE IS NO LIVE FLAME EMMITTED [sic] FROM THE NOVA-JET ENGINE, DURING OPERATION, THE ENGINE CHAMBER BECOMES VERY HOT FROM THE CHEMICAL REACTION. DO NOT.ATTEMPT TO TOUCH OR REMOVE THE NOVA-JET ENGINE AFTER FLIGHT FOR SEVERAL MINUTES IN ORDER TO ALLOW THE ENGINE TO COOL DOWN.